I am clearly having a brain failure, but I can't figure out how to merge
two sets of AWS tags.

AWS tags are generally defined as a variable (or attribute in a module)
something like this:

tags:
   name1: value1
   name2: value2

So I will generally have some standard tags set up in a variable like this:

standard_tags:
   Name: AServer
   CostCentre: Operations

Then I generate some extra tags, so I have another variable somewhere like
this:

extra_tags:
   fred: wilma
   barney: betty

How can I get one variable that looks like this:

all_tags:
   Name: AServer
   CostCentre: Operations
       fred: wilma