Hi!

I'm having an issue with the apt module and my playbook with Ansible 2.5.3
(2.5.2 is behaving the same).

I'm running the following playbook snippet:

 tasks:
    - name: Install packages required for VMs
      apt:
        name {{ item }} state=present
      with_items:
        - cifs-utils
        - etckeeper

The output for all packages is "OK" as if it would be already installed,
but it is not.
A later step that mounts a cifs share fails because cifs-utils is in fact
not installed (if I run apt-get install cifs-utils directly on the host it
would install it, therefore it wasn't there before).

Any hint what might be the problem here?