Kiran,

Your issue seems to be more an issue about connecting right to the aws vm
than ansible. Did you create the keys, downloaded them, ssh-add and
connecting as the right user? are you using -K and escalating correctly?

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 2:03 AM Kiran Sonawane <
kiransonawane.nm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have free account so only default instances can be created but I changed
> Root Password To Root before starting so there should not be permission
> issue but it gives me an permission issue.
>
> On Sunday, August 12, 2018 at 9:39:08 PM UTC+5:30, Sakthivel G wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> /dev/sda is reserved for root.
>>
>> Please try below...
>>
>> # Single instance with ssd gp2 root volume
>> - ec2:
>>     key_name: mykey
>>     group: webserver
>>     instance_type: c3.medium
>>     image: ami-123456
>>     wait: yes
>>     wait_timeout: 500
>>     volumes:
>>       - device_name: /dev/xvda
>>         volume_type: gp2
>>         volume_size: 8
>>     vpc_subnet_id: subnet-29e63245
>>     assign_public_ip: yes
>>     count_tag:
>>       Name: dbserver
>>     exact_count: 1
>>

>> On Sun 12 Aug, 2018, 6:27 AM Bruce Affonso, <bruce....@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying to use the ec2_instance module to create an ec2 instance.
>>> When using the ec2 module to configure a volume one would do something like
>>> this:
>>>
>>> volumes:
>>>   - device_name: /dev/sda1
>>>     volume_type: gp2
>>>     volume_size: 50
>>>
>>> With ec2_instance I am not sure how to set the values.
>>>
>>> In the description it says:
>>>
>>> A list of block device mappings, by default this will always use the AMI
>>> root device so the volumes option is primarily for adding more storage.
>>> A mapping contains the (optional) keys device_name, virtual_name,
>>> ebs.device_type, ebs.device_size, ebs.kms_key_id, ebs.iops, and
>>> ebs.delete_on_termination.
>>>
>>> Please let me know how I would set the info from above example using the
>>> ec2_instance module.
>>>
>>> Thank you
>>>
>>> --
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/82ba8db3-ed16-4230-9eaa-743a74fbebe0%40googlegroups.com
>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/82ba8db3-ed16-4230-9eaa-743a74fbebe0%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>>> .

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/9bf3dfbc-bf18-4b5d-9e78-b6caa75d113b%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/9bf3dfbc-bf18-4b5d-9e78-b6caa75d113b%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

Jonathan lozada de la matta

AUTOMATION CONSULTANT - AUTOMATION PRACTICE

Red Hat Consulting Services <https://www.redhat.com/>

jloza...@redhat.com