With the play written as follows:

---

- hosts: localhost
  gather_facts: false

  vars:
    vsphere_host: 10.0.101.17
    vsphere_username: user
    vsphere_password: password
    vm_state: poweredon #poweredon shutdownguest restarted

  tasks:
    - name: Boot VMWare Guest
      with_items: ["vm1", "vm2"]
      vmware_guest:
         hostname: "{{ vsphere_host }}"
         username: "{{ vsphere_username }}"
         password: "{{ vsphere_password }}"
         validate_certs: no
         name: "{{ item }}"
         wait_for_ip_address: no
         state: "{{ vm_state }}"

How might I get vm1 to complete it's start prior to vm2 beginning its
restart?  It's important that this be accomplished.

Thanks.