I need to send commands to 600 network devices (they are Fortinet Access
Points) that have SSH enabled. Python is not available on the device, so I
need to use something like network_cli.
I've tried all the ansible_network_os options (ios, nxos, vyos, eos...),
but none work.

Is there a way of sending simple commands to a device without the
requirement to specify & verify the device OS?
I don't care about gathering facts beforehand.