On 03.02.2019 13:16, ameya agashe wrote:
Hi Guys,

I'm not sure why the below yaml gives me an error ?

- name: Install Gluster and create file system on Cluster
  hosts: localhost
  connection: local
  tasks:
  - name: create gluster volume
    gluster_volume:
      state: present
      name: gluster_vol1
      bricks: /bricks/brick1/g1
      rebalance: yes
      cluster:
        - 192.168.1.9
        - 192.168.1.7
    run_once: true

Error message below:

TASK [create gluster volume]
An exception occurred during task execution. To see the full traceback, use
-vvv. The error was: None
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "error running
gluster (/usr/sbin/gluster --mode=script peer status) command (rc=255):
ERROR: failed to create logfile \"/var/log/glusterfs/cli.log\" (Permission
denied)\nERROR: failed to open logfile /var/log/glusterfs/cli.log\n"}

The playbook is running at the user you started ansible-playbook with.
This user have no permission in /var/log/glusterfs.

You probably need to run this as root/sudo, and that's called become in Ansible
Good staring point is here
https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/latest/user_guide/become.html

--
Kai Stian Olstad