hey there, i'm trying to manage a bunch of centos5/rhel5 systems with
ansible 2.7.5

On the target host I am able to install python 2.6 from epel which is all
good and ansible runs just fine for most stuff.   The issue is with
anything related to packages (ie . package_facts and package).  They both
rely on the "rpm" python library.

Problem is, I can't figure out how to install this library on centos 5.
 It seems the library is not available in epel
<https://archive.fedoraproject.org/pub/archive/epel/5/x86_64/>

I tried building from source <https://pypi.org/project/rpm/#files> but I
then get the error below:
# python26
Python 2.6.8 (unknown, Nov  7 2012, 14:47:45)
>>> import rpm
rpm.py:15: UserWarning: The RPM Python bindings are not currently available
via PyPI.

Please install them with your distro package manager (typically called
'python2-rpm' or 'python3-rpm'), and ensure that any virtual environments
needing the API are configured to be able to see the system site packages
directory.

  warnings.warn(warning_msg)

If I can't get this working, I guess my only options are to either just not
manage packages on the legacy centos/rhel5 boxes or see about running an
older version (multiple versions) of ansible within AWX.

Just wondering if anyone has went through this already and can provide any
tips.