I am trying to get dynamic inventory working.  I have not found much on the
internet or in the docs that give a high level overview as to how the
configs and files relate.  Any tips?

Can I get some suggestions on my dynamic inventory config?

Is there a simple way to test and determine whether these two vmware python
libraries are working as required?

----- From the link below -------------------

Requires 'vSphere Automation SDK' and 'vCloud Suite SDK' libraries to be
installed on the given controller machine.

Please refer following URLs for installation steps

https://code.vmware.com/web/sdk/65/vsphere-automation-python

https://code.vmware.com/web/sdk/60/vcloudsuite-python

https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/latest/plugins/inventory/vmware_vm_inventory.html

I am running the ansible.cfg file in my current working directory.

In ansible.cfg

I have tried these at seperate times and together

inventory       = /etc/ansible/hosts

inventory       = vmware_vm_inventory

[inventory]

enable_plugins = vmware_vm_inventory, host_list, virtualbox, yaml,
constructed

==================

This file is in my current working directory

ansible-admin-> cat test.vmware.yml

plugin: vmware_vm_inventory

    strict: False

    hostname: remote-vmware-server.com

    username: myu...@vsphere.dev.local

    password: myPassword

    validate_certs: False

    with_tags: True

To execute and test a playbook with dynamic inventory

ansible-playbook  ../../custom-fact-setup.yml

I tried this too and not working

ansible-playbook  ../../custom-fact-setup.yml -i test.vmware.yml

Error message

[WARNING]:  * Failed to parse
/etc/ansible/repo/ansible-CPC/custom-facts/files/test.vmware.yml with
vmware_vm_inventory plugin: Unable to find

'vSphere Automation SDK' Python library which is required. Please refer
this URL for installation steps -