On 14.08.2019 20:24, Harrymosco wrote:
Thank you Brian.

I have looked at "group_by" and I am still trying to figure out how to use
it in my case.

Maybe you can help me with how to make the piece of code below to be more
generically used for any <group_name>.
I am using it in a template, to build a list of IP of hosts in a group so
that I can use them to configure a cluster of servers.

Or if there is a better way of achieving the same purpose, please let me
know.

 {%for host in
groups['<group_name>']%}"{{hostvars[host]['ansible_default_ipv4']['address']}}"{%
if not loop.last %},{% endif %}{% endfor %}

Lets say you have a variable myvar that contain the group name you can do groups[myvar]

--
Kai Stian Olstad