Below code works and helps fetch username and password from Jenkins
credentials in a piepeline.

    withCredentials([usernamePassword(credentialsId: 'mysql_creds',
passwordVariable: 'sqlpassword', usernameVariable: 'sqlusername')])
    {
        creds = "\nUsername: ${sqlusername}\nPassword: ${sqlpassword}\n"
        sqlu = "${sqlusername}"
        sqlp = "${sqlpassword}"
    }

I need to get the same username and password directly in a Jenkins Job
without using pipelines.

I copy the same above code a build step execute shell (unix) but when I run
the job its gives me the below error:

syntax error near unexpected token `[usernamePassword'
> Build step 'Execute shell' marked build as failure

Can you please help me with the code that works with a Plain Jenkins Job
execute shell script where these credentials are needed to be passed.