I'm using ec2 inventory plugin and interested in the ability to provide
parameters to it like this:

    plugin: aws_ec2
    regions:
      - "{{ region}}"
    filters:
      tag:Usage: "{{ usage }}"

But extra-args, that I provide on playbook execution, does not come to
inventory. For this command

ansible-playbook -i inventories/aws/aws_ec2.yml --extra-vars "usage=automation
region=us-east-1" ifconfig.playbook.yml

I got
[WARNING]:  * Failed to parse .../aws_ec2.yml with auto plugin: Invalid
endpoint: https://ec2.{{ region }}.amazonaws.com

Is it possible to make inventory parametrised?

Thanks