On 26.01.2020 13:50, Waqar Khan wrote:
Starting out with ansible and trying to configure sshd config. Here is what I have, it works but is there a better way to do with for future reference. e.g. if I have many different distributions it looks like a lot of copying.
Can I combine the 2 tasks?

- name: sshd Amazon
lineinfile:
state: present
path: /etc/ssh/sshd_config
regexp: "^AllowUsers"
line: AllowUsers ec2-user
when: ansible_distribution == 'Amazon'
notify:
- restart sshd

- name: sshd Centos
lineinfile:
state: present
path: /etc/ssh/sshd_config
regexp: "^AllowUsers"
line: AllowUsers centos
when: ansible_distribution == 'Centos'
notify:
- restart sshd

You can create a variable that contains the information

allowusers:
  Amazon: ec2-user
  Centos: centos

And then you only need one task
- name: sshd_config
  lineinfile:
    path: /etc/ssh/sshd_config
    regexp: "^AllowUsers"
    line: AllowUsers {{ allowusers[ansible_distribution] }}
  notify: restart sshd

--
Kai Stian Olstad