Hi Brian,
thanks a lot, that was indeed one part of the problem.
I also had to remove the meta: refresh_inventory at the end of the first
play.

WORKING VERSION
---

- name: "provision EC2"
hosts: localhost
connection: local
vars_files:
- vars/vars_infrastracture.yml
- vars/vars-ec2-ami-linux.yml
- vars/vars-ec2-name.yml
gather_facts: false
roles:
- ec2

- name: "config service inside EC2"
hosts: launched
tasks:
- name: niente
debug:
var: tag_service

EC2 ROLE
---

- name: "Provision EC2"
ec2_instance:
name: "{{ ec2_name }}"
security_groups:
- "{{ security_group }}"
instance_type: "{{ instance_type }}"
image_id: "{{ image_id }}"
wait: yes
region: "{{ region }}"
key_name: "{{ ec2_keypair }}"
vpc_subnet_id: "{{ subnet_id }}"
volumes:
- device_name: /dev/xvda
ebs:
volume_size: "{{ disk_size }}"
delete_on_termination: true
register: ec2_result
- name: Add new instance to host group
add_host:
host: "{{ item.network_interfaces[0].private_ip_address }}"
groups: launched
with_items: "{{ ec2_result.instances }}"