Largely the split was done between what was previously "core" supported and
what was community supported.

amazon.aws is supported by Red Hat/Ansible employees, and community.aws is
technically supported by the community.

New modules/plugins should almost definitely be submitted to community.aws,
and if it is deemed it should be supported, it can be moved at a later date.

On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 10:40 AM Sydo Luciani <sydo.luci...@gmail.com> wrote:

> aws modules have been redirected/moved to two different repositories, some
> to community.aws and some to amazon.aws
>
> https://github.com/ansible-collections/amazon.aws
> https://github.com/ansible-collections/community.aws
>

> My first question is, what was the criteria for moving each modules to
> different repositories ? so we know the correct place to submit future aws
> modules !!! is there a change log for this move ?
>
> My second question is for those with more experience with Ansible and
> github:
> isn't better to make the amazon.aws plugin directory be the sub
> repository/sub module/fork or mirror of community.aws plugin directory ?
> this way modules and plugins version and code stay the same in both, while
> one will be used as collection and one as module !!!!
>
> Thanks

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/CAJspodgXNZsv1BvE1GtTWPrLW_b9o-wAs%3Dt5np1-xa1kKJJ%3D2w%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/CAJspodgXNZsv1BvE1GtTWPrLW_b9o-wAs%3Dt5np1-xa1kKJJ%3D2w%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

Matt Martz