I'm not using a customization template, but it may be possible - I think
that's what David Foley was referencing.

Check out customization_spec within the vmware_guest module
https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/latest/modules/vmware_guest_module.html

You can use the method im using OR you can call customization_spec