Hello,

i'm hitting a hidden requirement of the synchronize module, which is
sshpass, if you're using password authentication.

I'm running this task to align the content of a dir with another. The
entire playbook is runned against a single host, with become: true
option set for all the playbook.

  - name: Synchronize app dir
    synchronize:
      src: "/opt/admin/update/{{ timestamp }}/{{ asset_name }}/{{ app_name }}/"
      dest: "{{ deploy_path_app }}/"
      owner: yes
      group: yes
    delegate_to: "{{ inventory_hostname }}"

What happens is that the module, when invoking with user/password at
CLI with -k -K:

sshpass -d4 /usr/bin/rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive
--out-format=<<CHANGED>>%i %n%L
/opt/admin/update/20200713T135450/A01/AppName/
/opt/applicationserver/app/AppName/

But I'm running a synchronization between local directories, why do i
require sshpass? I'd like to skip this requirement because i don't
want to install sshpass in each host where i'm running synchronize.

Is there any way to skip usage of sshpass?

Luca

--
"E' assurdo impiegare gli uomini di intelligenza eccellente per fare
calcoli che potrebbero essere affidati a chiunque se si usassero delle

"Internet è la più grande biblioteca del mondo.
Ma il problema è che i libri sono tutti sparsi sul pavimento"
John Allen Paulos, Matematico (1945-vivente)

Luca 'remix_tj' Lorenzetto, http://www.remixtj.net , <lorenzetto.l...@gmail.com>