Do you know what version of python you are using?  Quick search seems to
point out that people switching to python3 may have had better results.

Here is where I found it:

https://github.com/ansible-community/molecule-ec2/issues/13

which lead me here:

https://github.com/ansible-community/molecule-ec2/pull/14/commits/3321771adda1a3eca2ff15a9412dbc113178881e