Hi,

Statement here could interest you :

https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/latest/reference_appendices/python_3_support.html

Regards,

Le 17/12/2020 à 08:57, Onno a écrit :
Hi all,
I stumbled onto the problem
If you require Python 3 support use the `dnf` Ansible module instead."

This message baffles me. It has for some time and I do not understand what it implies or means.

My conclusion at this point is that CentOS 7 should be considered end-of-life when using Ansible.  I'm very much interested in opinions on this matter.

CentOS 7 has Python 2.7.x and Python 2.7.x is EOF jan 2021.

Now of course you can install Python 3 etc but then you there is that message:
If you require Python 3 support use the `dnf` Ansible module instead."

Most Ansible automation for example on Ansible Galaxy uses the package module. This package module is deprecated for Python 3.

Everywhere package is used, Ansible will barf up that message. On CentOS 7.

You can install dnf etc on CentOS 7, remove yum but this won't help.  The message remains.

Is my understanding correct that CentOS 7 is EOF jan 2020 if you want Python3? Python3 implies CentOS 8 or higher?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ansible Project" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ansible-project+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:ansible-project+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/6567265e-c761-4cc7-ac59-2341d0030d61n%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/6567265e-c761-4cc7-ac59-2341d0030d61n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.