I think we are talking cross purposes here. You can create a 'library' as in
task. run in any language. I will have a check to see how it executes. But I am
pretty sure it executes as bash With  file  you give it.

________________________________
From: ansible-project@googlegroups.com <ansible-project@googlegroups.com> on
behalf of Jean-Yves LENHOF <jean-y...@lenhof.eu.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2021 9:38:02 AM
To: ansible-project@googlegroups.com <ansible-project@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [ansible-project] Ansible Without Python?

Le 24/02/2021 à 21:21, Wei-Yen Tan a écrit :
Well on the client side you can run any language. Ansible uses the shebang on
the task module to execute the script. I have even written a custom module that
runs powershell on a linux client. You could run bash. As long as you output
json object  ansible will just execute and return it back.

Good luck on porting all the module python code with shell code...

The idea is using a script and not a compiled program is to have not to install
something on the client side... If you want a binary on the client side, you're
just doing another sort of puppet like language with a necessary client !

The main target of ansible is linux and python is a prerequirements to follow
the LSB standard, so it is always installed on any linux !

Regards,

JYL

ansible-project+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:ansible-project+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/63fb6c9a-d42d-0eec-10bc-099899f378fc%40lenhof.eu.org<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/63fb6c9a-d42d-0eec-10bc-099899f378fc%40lenhof.eu.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.