I am running into an interesting issue, and wondered if anyone has hit the
same thing as I have.  We have our sudo configs locked down pretty tight,
and don't allow users to do execute a shell directly using sudo.  So,
basically, things like sudo /bin/sh are not permitted.  I found a 5 year
old stacktrace article with a workaround, and I am not particularly fond of
the suggestion, which was to make a copy of /bin/sh as a different
filename, then tell ansible to use that via the ansible config.  (
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33529850/ansible-have-sudo-but-no-root)

Has anyone seen this before, and if so, I am curious as to what your
workaround was.

--john