I did some poking, and one solution I saw, was to uninstall the RHEL
installed version of pexpect, then install the version maintained in
EPEL.    The other option I saw, was to run expect directly using the
command or shell module.

I have not tried either of these, but hopefully it points you in the right
direction.

--John