So, this may not answer all of your questions, but hopefully it hits on a
few.  I have a git repo for the "project" directory structure, and then a
repository for each role.    I then use the requirements.yml to grab the
roles I need for a particular project, and it shoves them into the roles
dir for the project.

--John