Le 2021-10-14 12:56, dulhaver via Ansible Project a écrit :
thx for the hint

On 10/14/2021 12:16 PM 'Jean-Yves LENHOF' via Ansible Project <ansible-project@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Maybe something wrong with alternatives ?
> alternatives --list | grep -i python

turns out empty.

have tried to get something working with
alternatives --install /usr/bin/python python /usr/bin/python2.7

(where /usr/bin/python is already a symlink to /usr/bin/python2 which
is a symlink to /usr/bin/python2.7). It did not change anything
though.

probably it's my incompetence. I never heard about alternatives before
(and don't really get it, as I thought the symlinks /usr/bin/python >
/usr/bin/python2 > /usr/bin/python2.7) should be sufficient to guide
anybody looking for python to the right executable. Neither do I get
why all of a sudden a playbook requires this where opther playbooks
running against the exact same host haven't.

Running from the same controller server with the same ansible version ?

Regards,

--
Jean-Yves LENHOF