On 22/11/2021 09:00, dudu.c...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi,
In my inventory file i have 3 server, I need to set the hostname including
prefix1-3

web1
web2
web3

*Inventory fie:*

[web]
192.168.0.47
192.168.0.48
192.168.0.49

Add the hostname to the inventory file:

web1 ansible_host=192.168.0.47

*Playbook*

- hosts:
     - web
   become: true
   any_errors_fatal: true
   tasks:

     - name: update hostname
       hostname:
         name : "web ????"

Now you can use the inventory_hostname variable in your task:

       - name: update hostname
         hostname:
           name: "{{ inventory_hostname }}"

Please note that might not survive reboots, e.g on Ubuntu I'm doing:

- name: Enable preserving hostname in Cloud configuration
  lineinfile:
    path: /etc/cloud/cloud.cfg
    line: 'preserve_hostname: true'
    regexp: '^preserve_hostname:'