On 23/12/2021 11:54, Akshay Jadhav wrote:

    - name: show message if interface is not down
      fail:
       msg: "Interface is not down"
      when: {{ interface }}.operstatus == "up"

will this work?

Definitely not, that is pulled from thin air if you ask me.

Try that:

        when: vars.get('ansible_' + interface).active

Note:

Gather facts saves the network interface information in separate variables
(e.g. ansible_eth0) instead of a dict/list,
so accessing the info for a specific item is a bit awkward.

Regards
         Racke