Hi,

On Thu, Sep 01, 2022 at 07:15:42AM +0200, dulhaver via Ansible Project wrote:
> the challenge I am facing is that the only way to do this manually
> is via
>
>    sudo systemctl edit --full postgresql@[db_service_name].service

If you can use sudo then can you not just do the equivalent of

sudo cp /some/temp/file /etc/systemd/system/whatever.service

?

How locked down exactly is your sudo access? I'd have thought that
if you can issue "sudo systemctl edit" then you can easily cook up
something that can give you arbitrary access, so this restriction
seems like more of an "honour system", i.e. a determined attacker
who realises they can do "sudo systemctl edit" will not be stopped.
So on that basis maybe they will allow "sudo cat …" also.

Cheers,
Andy