Hello,

Reposting from https://github.com/ansible/ansible/issues/82808.

We use timebound ssh certificates to connect to target virtual machines.
The expiry time is set to 65 minutes. We have written a custom
ansible_ssh_executable to generate ssh certificates & set sshconfig so that
ansible can use them to talk to target VM.

This all works fine for short running jobs. For long running jobs (over 65
minutes), ansible fails no matter in whichever way I handle the errors in
ansible_ssh_executable. I do have a check in there to check for certificate
expiry & renew them before making an ssh call. It seems to me that it's
ignoring these & still using old ones (my guess is that it's stored
somewhere in memory?).

I know this an edge case scenario. Hence seeking Ansible community guidance
here.

Thanks,
Harsha