At 05:42 1/11/2001 -0500, Erik Hatcher wrote:

>The official Jakarta Ant hosted FAQ: http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/faq.html
>jGuru's Ant FAQ:  http://www.jguru.com/faq/Ant

It seems fairly clear that the majority of people with questions don't
bother to check for a FAQ on the subject but simply post away.

Would it help to make the FAQ links more widely published -- ie by
including them in the mailing list footer.

Every message on ant-user/ant-dev currently has this footer:

>--

Could we add the FAQ links to this, eg:

FAQs: <http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/faq.html> <http://www.jguru.com/faq/Ant>

We could even add a line to encourage searching the archives:

Search ant-dev: <http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&r=1&w=2>

or

Search ant-user: <http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&r=1&w=2>

as appropriate.

Just a thought,
Bevan.

--
"Programming is an Art Form that Fights Back"

Bevan Arps (<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>[EMAIL PROTECTED])
Senior OO Analyst, ACT Financial Systems

This communication  is confidential  to ACT  Financial  Systems  (Asia
Pacific)  and is intended for  use only by the  addressee.   The  views and
opinions  expressed in  this email  are the senders  own and do not
Pacific).