From: Peter Georgiou [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 13 November 2001 12:31
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: build.bat problem

Thanks for your reply alan.  Below are just a few of the cannot resolve
symbol problems

[javac] Compiling 22 source files to
C:\catalina\webapps\fooddoof\WEB-INF\classes
    [javac]
C:\tomcat\fooddoof-app-dev\src\com\fooddoof\actions\FLogonAction.java:3:
cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class HttpServletRequest
    [javac] location: package http
    [javac] import javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest;
    [javac]                           ^
    [javac]
C:\tomcat\fooddoof-app-dev\src\com\fooddoof\actions\FLogonAction.java:4:
cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class HttpServletResponse
    [javac] location: package http
    [javac] import javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse;
    [javac]                           ^
    [javac]
C:\tomcat\fooddoof-app-dev\src\com\fooddoof\actions\FLogonAction.java:5:
cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class HttpSession
    [javac] location: package http
    [javac] import javax.servlet.http.HttpSession;

I've read your message and have a go at doing what you suggested.  The
build
.bat script I mailed worked fine for Tomcat3.2.  When I changed to
Tomcat4 I
just replaced TOMCAT_HOME to CATALINA_HOME thinking that this would
work.

Peter