----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephane Bailliez" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I'm probably the only Ant committer using Clearcase.

I have had enough experience of it, that I dont miss its departure since I
migrated (that's upgrade without the improvement connotations) to XP last
week, which I needed to do since the w2K CD burner software was
bluescreening since I added the second CPU, which I banged in to test the
app server code in an environment resembling deployment better.

I'm blissfully without it, although I still can't burn a software image to
CD on my own system. We have a complex perl/cleartool script to label a vob,
modify a second view to import the labelled stuff, create the CD off that,
calling that script from our cd.xml build file.

I do not understand why such tasks have to be so hard, or ccase so brittle,
but that is what life is like when you commit all your code to the care and
protection to a distributed system whose failure mode is to render all the
source inaccessible.

-steve