On Sat, 01 Dec 2001, Dean Hiller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 1.  Where do I find the e-mail archives?

There are links in the feedback section of Ant's manual and at the top
of <http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail2.html>.  I'd recommend Marc.

> 2.  Is there any way for javac task to spit out the files that broke
> the build?

This is rather difficult as different compilers use different error
messages.

Also, the compilation of a file can fail because a different file has
changed (changed the signature of a method the first one depends upon
and many different scenarios).

A much better way is to identify the code change that broke your
build.  Cruisecontrol does so as it will try to build your project
after each checkin/commit, so you will immediately know if something
goes wrong.  The Jakarta Alexandria project contains a "blamer" that
tries to identify who committed the problematic new version at a
greater granularity in time.

Stefan