From: Terry Steichen [mailto:terry@;net-frame.com]
Sent: Saturday, October 26, 2002 5:42 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Copying Question vis-a-vis Windows NT

When I use a standard <copy> task between a local Windows98 directory and a
network directory hosted on a WindowsME machine, it works exactly as it
should.  But, when I use precisely the same script on a WindowsNT machine
targeting the Windows ME (or Windows 98) machines, Ant appears to copy
indiscriminantly, without regard to the prior existence of identical files
on the target machines.

This is the simple Ant file I've used for testing.  On the NT, it will
repeat the copying as many times as you run it, but on the Win98, it will
actually copy the files only the first time (as it should).

<project name="testing" default="backup" >

    <target name="backup" >

         <copy todir="e:/copy_test" preservelastmodified="yes">
              <fileset dir="c:/copy_test">
                   <include name="*.*"/>
              </fileset>
         </copy>

         <copy todir="f:/copy_test" preservelastmodified="yes">
              <fileset dir="c:/copy_test">
                   <include name="*.*"/>
              </fileset>
         </copy>

     </target>
</project>

Is there any record of Windows NT behaving differently from other Ant hosts?
(I've searched through the mailing list without luck on this topic, though I
vaguely recall reading something relating to it some time ago.)

Thanks in advance,

Terry