Morning,

On 31/01/2017 09:08, ox wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 08:53:07 +0000
> Brian Nisbet <brian.nis...@heanet.ie> wrote:
>> Colleagues,
>> While the Anti-Abuse WG welcomes a free exchange of ideas and
>> opinions, it does not welcome personal abuse of any kind.
>> This includes, but is absolutely not limited to, their ethnicity or
>> religion.
>> Please remember this as we all continue to work together to make the
>> Internet a better place.
>>
> I note the thread you created is: Language on List, but your post
> contains no specifics about the Subject used?
>
> Maybe if you spoke more plainly and openly and said what you mean to
> say without the UN type diplomacy, where one has to spend too much time
> to analize a single sentence and create ten different scenarios based
> on projections and probabilities of what was meant or intended?

I shall be more clear, in that case. I have little or no problem with
generalised swearing. It's a part of modern language and while I
generally would not use it in professional written communications
myself, I'm not going to attempt to censor anyone else for it.

What I do not believe is acceptable is ad hominem attacks. There were
what I believe were implied anti-Semetic comments made during the recent
thread and that is not something that is allowed. Simple as that.

Brian
Co-Chair, RIPE AA-WG