Hi,

Am 01.08.2017 um 18:44 schrieb Sascha Luck [ml] <a...@c4inet.net
<mailto:a...@c4inet.net>>:
> On Tue, Aug 01, 2017 at 05:29:04PM +0200, Malte von dem Hagen wrote:
>> nobody is a mandatory member of RIPE.
>
> I did contemplate putting text in my email to forestall this
> idiotic argument because I knew someone would not be above
> bringing it.

We can of course start calling each other’s statements idiotic, if you want.
Not my preferred way of spending time, though.

> Everyone in the RIPE NCC service region who needs their own IP
> space is, mandatorily, a RIPE NCC member.

Nobody mandatorily needs IP space. Point is, if you „need“ own IP space, that
is always out of free will, curiosity, business concept or something similar,
but never by force. You just weaken yourself by enclosing a generally valid
statement in questionable context.

However, to get back to the topic, I feel it is by far not enough to just blame
RIPE NCC for signing a MoU without pointing out what exactly is questionable
from your POV in terms of cotent. Did you even read it?

To me, the content is far from being an „close ally“, and Europol with its
mission and entitlements is also far from national intelligence agencies.

Cheers,

Malte
--

Malte von dem Hagen | Director Networks

ma...@godaddy.com

 <mailto:malte.von.dem.ha...@godaddy.com>Office: Hansestrasse 79, 51149 Cologne

Host Europe Internet GmbH - http://www.hosteurope.de <http://www.hosteurope.de/>

Welserstraße 14 - 51149 Köln - Germany

HRB 78934 Amtsgericht Köln

Geschäftsführer: Patrick Pulvermüller, Tobias Mohr, Dr. Christian Koch

Host Europe Internet GmbH is a company of GoDaddy