Hi Erik,

I think any policy or membership agreements will not affect the liability of
the NCC in front of third parties because operational misconducts of any
provider.

Is the same way as if we believe that we can be blamed for fake info at the
whois, spam, criminal cases, or whatever, unless of course, we setup an
explicit rule to go against the law (like "you're free to use the resources for
criminal activities").

So, I will say more on the other way around: as many policies/tools we have to
verify the authenticity of data and compliance of policies, as less responsible
we can be of any liabilities in front of third parties.

However, as a community we are *internally* responsible to setup the rules
(policies and membership agreement) that we want to be respected, and the way
we want to act *internally* if those rules are not respected (never mind if is
breaking a policy or not paying the invoices or whatever).

I'm not a lawyer, but deal a lot with them, and I'm sure anyway, there are more
informed voices even from the NCC that can confirm, and actually it will be
interesting to confirm.

Regards,
Jordi