Sascha, this is a very good point and the RR is probably very keen on
understanding the issues related to your point, so let us chat about it
please.

If there is a test case about this, it could be taken down to AS level,
and then in which case, the 'complainant' may have other issues as well.

Anyway, as we now all, mostly, agree and understand: No abuse is
possible without an IP number.

IP numbers are public resources that belong to society and currently
these resources are not sold, licensed or supplied but 'assigned'

I would argue that;

As far as these public resources are concerned, the public has a right
to know to whom public resources has been assigned.

The assignee has a right to data privacy - but when using a public
resource has can have no expectation of privacy as it is a public
resource.

As the public resources are also used to inter operate with other
public resources, the public therefore has a stronger right to the data
than the owner of the data and in order to be assigned public resources
the data owner would have to assign the ownership of the public
resource data to the RR.

Your point though is very valid and if it was not for the fact that
public resources are used for inter operation and without this inter
operation there would be no network and no data would be able to be
transmitted in itself, the rights to the public data is stronger on the
side of the public. (public = society)

All rights, including privacy, has to be in balance with the responsibility of
those
same rights and the rights of others, including society.

Which is why the GDPR has an exception for law enforcement, courts,
etc.

At worst an exception may also be required for RR or for public resources
at best it will be found that the data in the case of RR is public data
to begin with and the public is the owner thereof.

Andre