On 30/05/2018 04:47, it was written:
> Well, many people. let me start with myself: You claim that my opinions
> are rubbish and you compare my opinions to those same people
> (Fox/Republicans) whom:
>
> violently take babies away from mommies - yes, at a border Americans
> grab little babies from the hands of their mothers and take the mommy
> and the little baby to different "detention" facilities.

I have been following this thread with great interest, and have found
points I find persuasive and unpersuasive on both sides.

It could be said that the thread is wandering off into unproductive
theorising, but in the circumstances of the advent of GDPR, whether
public WHOIS really is a necessary or important component of anti-abuse
activities seems a broad topic worth debating fully. Some light has even
been shed on GDPR's meaning.

I also consider myself highly tolerant of passionate and occasionally
intemperate comments. It seems to me that it is better to have it out,
and to show the respect of tolerating less well mannered arguments, than
to try to aggressively police language and so exclude many people from
full participation in the debate. Usually those that go over the top do
more harm to their own case than to others, and that has been how I have
reacted to some of the comments in this thread.

But can we please leave out accusations that your political opponents
abduct babies? That surely crosses the line. The trope is, at least,
Older Than Feudalism, and very likely Older Than Dirt, and as always
raising it serves no purpose other than to demonise one group of people
and to smear another by association, thereby shutting down the
conversation. It's not an argument, it's a transparent attempt to
exclude. Please stop.

More generally, I believe this discussion would be improved if people
stopped throwing around terms like "European" and "Republican" as though
they are terms of abuse. Our community is, and should be, open to all.

Regards,

Malcolm.
--
            Malcolm Hutty | tel: +44 20 7645 3523
   Head of Public Affairs | Read the LINX Public Affairs blog

                 London Internet Exchange Ltd
           Monument Place, 24 Monument Street London EC3R 8AJ

         Company Registered in England No. 3137929