In message <CANGgxJp9KkO88sg+90WbHFW5q-bir8KaXCyY1FYv=0mrymh...@mail.gma
il.com>, Anne-vivien Paris <a....@laruscloudservice.net> writes

>I think it will be a good idea if we can have a better understanding of
>what's going on with these route objects registered under MNT-SERVERSGET.

They're placed there so that entities that automatically build filters
to block bad BGP announcements will not block these prefixes -- which
means that they could be put into use at any time

>That can perhaps allows us to clarify what's the condition of the "dubious"
>3/4 of IP addresses. This is perhaps a way to deal with hijacking.

The automatically built filters contribute to reducing hijacking, which
is why it matters that the entries in the database are legitimate.

A while back I did some work looking at people who were adding route
objects for unallocated IPv4 address space. You'll find a longer
explanation in the articles I wrote at the time:

https://www.lightbluetouchpaper.org/2015/10/02/badness-in-the-ripe-
database/

https://www.lightbluetouchpaper.org/2015/11/02/ongoing-badness-in-the-
ripe-database/

--
richard                                                  Richard Clayton

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a        Benjamin
little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.    Franklin