From: anti-abuse-wg <anti-abuse-wg-boun...@ripe.net> on behalf of Brian Nisbet
<brian.nis...@heanet.ie>
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 6:35 PM
To: Ronald F. Guilmette; anti-abuse-wg@ripe.net
Subject: Re: [anti-abuse-wg] working in new version of 2019-04 (Validation of
"abuse-mailbox")

Folks,

While not attempting to discuss the merits or otherwise of a reputation system
(other than the fact I've seen many of them proposed and we still have lots of
problems), I would say one thing on your comments below, Ronald.

The RIPE NCC service region is not just the EU, it isn't just the continent of
Europe. It includes many other countries such as Russia and the entirety of the
Middle East. With 70+ countries involved it is a lot harder to do something
that is acceptable everywhere, even while the NCC itself is governed under
Dutch law.

Just a useful reminder.

Brian

Brian Nisbet
Service Operations Manager
HEAnet CLG, Ireland's National Education and Research Network
1st Floor, 5 George's Dock, IFSC, Dublin D01 X8N7, Ireland
+35316609040 brian.nis...@heanet.ie www.heanet.ie
Registered in Ireland, No. 275301. CRA No. 20036270