[Via Communist Internet... http://www.egroups.com/group/Communist-Internet ]
.
----- Original Message -----
From: secr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2001 7:57 PM
Subject: [mobilize-globally] Netstrike shutdown by Italian police

Subject:
         [UK_Left_Network] Netstrike shutdown by
Italian police
    Date:
         Sun, 12 Aug 2001 17:24:59 -0000
    From:
         "Niniane Mackenzie"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
      To:
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]

NETSTRIKE.IT SHUTDOWN BY ITALIAN POLICE  Aug 10
2001
Netstrike shutdown by Italian police

An Italian judge has ordered the ISP to shutdown
the online protest
site NetStrike.it. It was taken down by their ISP
at 3:15pm local
time. The judge claimed that the site was an
invitation to break the
law. According to NetStrike their software and the
activities of the
users of the software are not illegal in Italy.
NetStrike demands
that they get their day in court before their
servers are shutdown.
The NetStrike site has been up for a year and a
half and has
conducted approximately 6 actions including recent
direct online
actions against Lufthansa and the G8 in Genoa.
They see this attack
as attempt to stop legal forms of dissent using
the net. The judge
has stated to the corporate papers that this is
the first of a list
of Italian activists sites he intends to shut
down.

>From IMC website http://www.indymedia.org/

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED]