Title: Message

MACEDONIAN AMBASSADOR: BALKAN EVENTS A RESULT OF NATO'S INTERNAL CRISIS

The current developments in the Balkans have largely been brought about by NATO's internal strategic crisis, Macedonian Ambassador to Russia, Dimitar Dimitrov, told a news conference in Moscow Tuesday.
Dimitrov maintains that once the Warsaw Pact collapsed, NATO had to grapple with an identity crisis since the enemy was the Alliance's raison d'etre.
The ambassador claimed there were forces within NATO that collaborated with Albanian terrorists. He corroborated the charge with various facts that were reported during NATO's bombing campaign against Yugoslavia and the recent Albanian guerrilla warfare in Macedonia. There have been reports that 17 former officers from Western countries were among the casualties of one of government forces' operations in one village in Macedonia, the diplomat contended.
As far as the Alliance's ongoing operation to collerebels is concerned, the ambassador alleged it is "rather a pretext for NATO's invasion in Macedonia's territory". He believes that Macedonia may emerge as "another Kosovo" after the operation. ct guerrilla guns from the Albanian

http://english.pravda.ru/yougoslavia/2001/08/28/13616.html

www.antic.org