Title: Message

SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina - Bosnia has refused a Russian offer of a non-monetary loan worth dlrs 100 million, the Sarajevo daily Oslobodjenje reported Sunday, citing Russia's ambassador to Bosnia. Speaking during a panel-discussion Saturday in Sarajevo, Aleksandar Griscenko said his government offered Bosnian authorities the loan of goods some three months ago. "We offered dlrs 100 million but they didn't want to take it," Griscenko said without giving details of what the goods were or why Bosnia declined the loan. The loan had been meant to be shared equally by Bosnia's two entities- the Muslim-Croat federation and the Serb republic. The Bosnian 1992-1995 war, in which 200,000 people died, almost completely destroyed Bosnia's economy, leaving it with an unemployment rate of up to 70 percent. The country now largely depends on international aid and loans. It has received dlrs 5 billion in donations from the international community since 1995. A group of Russian business representatives interested in lumber and hide-tanning industries is set to come to Bosnia soon, Griscenko told the paper. "There is no more ideology. The only important thing is business," Griscenko was quoted as saying. Bosnian officials were not available on Sunday to comment. -AP

www.russiajournal.ru