---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 09:06:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: Party of Citizens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Iraq] IRQ: Tariq Ali/Article from The Nation (fwd)

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, sinan antoon wrote:

> A Political Solution is Required
> by Tariq Ali
>
> The only real solution is a political one. It requires removing the causes
> that create the discontent. It is despair that feeds fanaticism, and that is
> a result of Washington's policies in the Middle East and elsewhere.

Genocide is US foreign policy and the only thing which can maintain
political cohesion in that country, ie keep it from flying apart or civil
war. Just study what the polls say when each new war is
launched. Democrats and Republicans walk arm in arm. The US has launched
300 wars in 200 years including those with Canada and Mexico. The UN
General Assembly voted unanimously to work on stamping out terrorism,
worldwide. But THE US IS THE LEAST LIKELY TO CONTRIBUTE TO THAT EFFORT.
It cannot survive without mass murder, eg the murder of > 1,000,000
Iraqis. So we turn to other countries for help in putting an end to the
poverty, disease and political oppression which spawn terrorism.
POC

[EMAIL PROTECTED]