Title: Message
DAY OF INFAMY 2001
Terrorists slit throats of 2 AA stewardesses
Flight attendants 'were trying to stop them from getting inside the cockpit'

By Paul Sperry
© 2001 WorldNetDaily.com

WASHINGTON – Terrorists who hijacked American Airlines Flight 11 out of Boston on Tuesday morning slit the throats of two female flight attendants who tried to bar them from entering the cockpit, an American Airlines employee told WorldNetDaily in an exclusive interview.

The terrorists then forced their way into the locked cockpit and commandeered the Boeing 767 to New York, where they slammed it into one of the World Trade Center towers. The flight, carrying 81 passengers, was bound for Los Angeles.

A third stewardess aboard the nine-crew flight used her cell phone to alert another American Airlines stewardess back at Logan Airport about the hijacking and murders. The terrorists were armed with razor-tipped knives that looked like box-cutters.

"That was just horrific to all of us when we heard at about 8:30" yesterday morning, said the senior American Airlines employee, who works at Logan and said goodbye to the crew at the terminal around 7:30 a.m. "We were, like, 'Oh my God, these poor girls are trying to save their captain and their plane.'"

The plane left the gate at about 7:45 a.m. The cell phone call was placed roughly 30 minutes later, the source says. The jet crashed into the World Trade Center building at about 8:45 a.m. Soon after, a United Airlines jet sliced through the twin tower.

According to the American source, the American captain, John Ogonowski, managed to turn on the cockpit intercom mike, apparently without the terrorists knowing, allowing air-traffic controllers to pick up their cockpit conversations. The terrorists turned off the plane's transponder, the equipment that identifies the plane and provides other information – such as whether it's been hijacked – to air-traffic controllers tracking it by radar. Ogonowski flew the plane with another American pilot.

"They were trying to clue in the tower," the airline source said.

The crew was very close, having flown the Boston-Los Angeles run together regularly, the source said.

"This was a senior crew," she said. "They've been around. A lot of them usually do that flight – go out on Flight 11 and come back on Flight 12 [from Los Angeles]. We all knew them really well."

In fact, a couple of the stewardesses were married to American gate agents at Logan, she says.

"You know, I said goodbye to that crew at the gate," the American employee said. "I was up there talking to the girls who were doing the flight, and the crew walks by and gives us all a wave. They said, 'See you later, we're coming back on [Flight] 12.'"

"Everyone was just stunned," she said, when they learned some 90 minutes later of their ultimate fate in Manhattan.

As part of their investigation, FBI agents and Massachusetts state troopers have interviewed American Airlines employees and Logan airport workers, including custodians working the morning shift, to rule out an inside job and establish a record of all the people who were at the terminal that morning.

"It was pretty intense," said the American worker.