FIRST LETTER TO UNMIK

From:                   Sonja Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:                Need accurate information
Date sent:              Tue, 27 Nov 2001 16:59:03 -0600

Sonja Myers
2602 Werlein Avenue
Houston, TX 77005
U.S.A.

November 27, 2001

UNMIK - Kosovo
Serbia, FR Yugoslavia

Dear Ms. Manuel

I am turning to you as a spokesperson of UNMIK in Kosovo, in order to
obtain an accurate information regarding the lack of electricity in the
majority Serbian populated Gracanica town in Kosovo. My cousin who lives
there told me that the population of Gracanica is living without
electricity for the last fifteen days. He said that the power generating
unit supplying electricity to this city and its vicinity is not
operational due to the lack of maintenance and funds to repair it. He
also mentioned that some $240.000.000 were invested in the last general
service and overhaul of the power supply infrastructure in Kosovo, a sum
that would be sufficient to build two completely new, state-of-the-art
power plants to supply the whole of Kosovo. Which begs the question: was
this sum really allocated for this purpose and if so where did the money
go since it had obviously not been used to service and/or repair  the
power supply infrastructure in Kosovo.

According to my cousin there are two solutions to overcome this problem.
One is to have the power generating unit brought to Gracanica from
Serbia/FR Yugoslavia which would be free of all charges (cost of the
unit and transport charges). Another is to purchase the unit from
Albania.

For the municipality that is short of funds, the first solution would be
the most sensible and frankly the only one. However, it appears that
UNMIK is seeking to impose CUSTOM DUTIES for the power generating unit
which Serbia/FR Yugoslavia wants to GIVE as a way of helping the
Gracanica population currently facing a harsh winter.

Apart from humanitarian concerns, this act would suggest that Kosovo is
an internationally recognized independent country - which it is not!
Kosovo is still a Serbian province and part of the Federal Republic of
Yugoslavia. As far as I know, the goods sent from one to another Swiss
canton, or from one to another Canadian province, or from one to another
American state - are not and have never been subjected to customs
duties.

Please comfort me, tell me that UNMIK is not a part of this complete and
utter nonsense. Tell me that there is some kind of misunderstanding on
either the UNMIK's or my cousin's part. Reassure me that UNMIK is NOT
treating Kosovo as a separate country but as what it factually is - THE
SERBIAN PROVINCE in the FR of Yugoslavia! Please assure me that UNMIK is
working in compliance with the UN Security Council's Resolution 1244 and
not contrary to its provision which clearly states, and I quote below,
that the UN is

"Reaffirming the commitment of all Member States to the sovereignty and
territorial integrity of the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia and the
other States of the region, as set out in the Helsinki Final Act and
annex 2"

I thank you in advance for your cooperation and look forward to hearing
from you

Respectfully

Sonja Myers

c.c.    UN Secretary General, Mr. Kofi Annan ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
        Yugoslav Ambassador to the UN, H.E. Dejan Sahovic,
([EMAIL PROTECTED])
        Texas Senator, Hon. Kay Bailey-Hutchison
([EMAIL PROTECTED])
        Texas Senator, Hon. Phil Gramm ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
        Texas Congressman 25th District, Hon. Ken Bentsen
(http://www.house.gov/htbin/wrep_const)

LETTER TO SENATOR HUTCHISON RE: GRACANICA WITH COPY OF THE FIRST LETTER
TO SUSAN MANUEL

Sonja Myers
2602 Werlein Ave.
Houston, TX 77005
U.S.A.
Tel: 713 668-4524

November 27, 2001

To the Honorable Kay Bailey-Hutchison
United States Senate
Washington, DC

Dear Senator Hutchison

Re: Blackout for Serbian enclave in Kosovo

I have Serbian cousins living in small place by the name of Gracanica in
Kosovo. Kosovo which is a Serbian province within the Federal Republic
of Yugoslavia is, as you know, currently run by the United Nations
Mission in Kosovo (UNMIK), NATO Kosovo Force (KFOR) and Organization for
Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE). I am attaching a letter sent
to the UNMIK's spokesperson in Kosovo, Ms. Susan Manuel (November 27,
2001) and would appreciate your assistance in the matter of power
generating unit replacement.

Meanwhile I would like to update you on the effects or rather
non-effects of a two-year  management of the Kosovo province by the
international caretakers - the UNMIK, KFOR, OSCE and many NGO's. Their
joint administration of Kosovo since their arrival in June 1999, has
been a dismal failure in many respects including their collective lack
of competence and commitment to:

a)      stop the local extreme Albanian elements from the terrorist
actions against non-Albanians in Kosovo;

b)      prevent bin Laden's envoys from joining the local forces and
setting up terrorist training camps in Europe. If you are interested, I
will send you information on bin Laden and al-Qaeda's activities in
Kosovo in the past two years, all from independent sources;

c)      disarm the former "Kosovo Liberation Army" (KLA) as was their
mandate but have allowed them the freedom to organize and mount yet
another brutal uprising using terrorist tactics in order to instigate a
break-up and secession of Albanian population living in the neighboring
independent country of Macedonia;

d)      protect the Serbian and other non-Albanian civilians from
murder, rape, torture and abduction by the ex KLA-members. On the
contrary, most of those known terrorists (one has recently been indicted
by the War Crimes Tribunal in Hague) are members of the Kosovo Security
Forces established by the UNMIK. Consequently, the fate of 1300 Serbs
that have gone missing since UNMIK's arrival is still unknown.

e)      enable the return of some 250.000 Serbian and non-Albanian
refugees to their homes in the villages around Kosovo

f)      pressure the ex-KLA to release the Serbian and non-Albanian
political prisoners from the KLA held jails around Kosovo especially in
view of the fact that the new Yugoslav government has released the
Albanian political prisoners long time ago.

In short Senator Hutchison, Kosovo is a mess. It is a lawless place
where violence over defenseless civilians still reigns, before the very
eyes of the "international community." Along with Bosnia, Kosovo is one
of the few main European routes and distribution points for the heroin
trade hauled from Afghanistan (see The Economist, October 18, 2001, "The
powder trail" at:
http://www.economist.com/library/backgrounders/displaystory.cfm?story_id
=822303
Similarly, Kosovo is the collection center and the distribution point
for the women brought under false pretenses to Kosovo, mostly from the
former East European countries, only to be sold to the prostitution
rings and forced to work in Western European cities.

If we are to fight terrorism everywhere, then we have to re-evaluate the
actions of our "friends and allies" in the Balkans, mainly the Bosnian
and Albanian Muslims (latter living in Albania, Kosovo, Macedonia,
Montenegro and Greece). It is patently clear now that we have been duped
and sucked into a "humanitarian war" (what a contradiction in terms!) on
the side of the "underdog", the Kosovo Liberation Army, who were once
before we "helped" them on the State Department's terrorist list and who
used every terrorist trick in the book to provoke overreaction from the
Serbian/Yugoslav authorities. It is even more clear that in Kosovo, we
have become an accomplices to the very terrorism we are supposedly now
fighting against.

Respectfully

Sonja Myers

UNMIK - SUSAN MANUEL'S  RESPONSE TO S. MYERS' LETTER DATED: November 27,
2001