  I just wanted to ask what your opinion is as to the causes of all the
support and apologetics for "our" governments'(/corporate backed)
imperialism/crimes that comes out of the mainstream press? I'm also
asked this question. And my answer is usually to the effect of: well, it
seems to be combination of naive,'right-thiking' people getting hired
for the job and then dishonest types -- the so-called "expects", be they
"reporters" or the think-tank commentators, etc -- who play a more
prominent role in influencing public opinion. Your thoughts?