I would be suspicious of the French story, but for
this sequence of photos suddenly appearing the very
next day, as a major news story which "proved" the
crash, of which the CNN sequence is the same set of
pictures, but doesn't actually show the plane
crashing. Their "sudden discovery" is suspicious, as
no one knew of their existence before.

Also the way in which the plane came in clipping the
daisies, we are told, thus explaining why only the
first storey was destroyed, and the rest of the facade
fell onto it.
It seems strange there were no eye witnessess as well.

The sequence from France is difficult to explain in
that the size of the aircraft should have destroyed
much more than the 1st storey of the building, at
least  the 1st and second, and the damage looks much
more consistent with a truck bommb, which was what was
originally reported.

But then what happened to the plane and passengers?

There is no satisfactory explanation of the crash in
Pennsylvania.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/03/07/gen.pentagon.pictures/

http://movies.yahoo.com/