http://en.rian.ru/rian/index.cfm?prd_id=160&msg_id=2307359&startrow=21&date=2002-03-26&do_alert=0

2002-03-26
RUSSIAN SPEAKER: NATO HARDLY TO BRING ANY BENEFITS TO
GEORGIA

ST.PETERSBURG, MARCH 26, RIA NOVOSTI - Russian
Parliament Speaker Gennady Seleznyov was quite
explicit as to NATO being unable to benefit the
Georgian people when he commented at a St.Petersburg
session of the CIS inter-parliamentary assembly on
Georgia's military cooperation with the United States.

All recent international parliamentary meetings were
marked by Georgian representatives criticizing Russia
and Russian peace-keepers in Abkhazia, said the
Speaker. Meanwhile, Georgia is accusing Moscow of
supporting this self-proclaimed republic of Abkhazia,
once integrated in Georgia. "We have not heard however
a single statement about what the Georgian leadership
and parliament are doing to consolidate the statehood,
to prevent the break-up of the country, to step up
economic development and do away with unemployment and
poverty," said the Speaker.

Seleznyov believes that the Georgian authorities are
seeking an external foe for distracting public opinion
from internal problems. "NATO will hardly benefit the
Georgian people - this policy has no future," said
Seleznyov.

http://movies.yahoo.com/