>From :  "Nancy A. Hey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 CC :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject :    Re: Phil Kent of Southeastern Legal takes on U.S. Rep. Cynthia
McKinney
Date :  Fri, 26 Apr 2002 17:58:29 -0400

           Dear Mr. Kent,

           I believe you are wrong in your campaign to get Ms. Cynthia
McKinney
           suspended from her committee assignments in the U.S. House of
           Representatives.  Rep. McKinney had a lot of courage to raise the
valid
           questions she has about the events of September 11th at a time
when the
           pressure is so strong for members of Congress to act in lock-step
behind
           President Bush in his "war on terrorism" without raising any
questions
           about the wisdom of his actions.

           The American people have a right to hear what Rep. McKinney has to
say
           about the possibility of Bush's foreknowledge of the 9/11/01
attacks,
           and make up their own minds as to whether the evidence she
presents is
           convincing.  In the interst of Freedom of Speech, her efforts to
seek
           answers for troubling questions should not be censored.

           I believe you should provide evidence for your claim that the
money she
           recieves comes from people who support "terrorists".  Simply
because
           groups or individuals are Arab or Middle Eastern does not mean
that they
           support terrorists.  I happen to know of and work with several
groups
           who work for a change in US policy in the Middle East, but do not
           contribute any money to anybody who could be considered a
"terrorist"
           such as suicide bombers.  Some of these groups have asked people
           contribute money toward her investigation simply because they feel
that
           they investigation should go forward in the intersts of getting
the full
           truth out to the American public.

           I understand that your organization's purpose is to promote
"public
           accountability for elected officials".  However, consistant with
that
           aim, wouldn't it be appropriate to investigate the accountabliliy
of the
           Bush Administration and those who support his military actions who
have
           taken campaign contributions from oil companies?  Wouldn't it be
           appropriate to investigate the financial intersts that these
companies
           have in controlling the oil resources in Afghanistan, and how
these
           intersts may have influenced legislator's support for the military

           action in Afghanistan?

           Peacefully Yours,
           Nancy A. Hey