Heather,

it's known these calculations were done IN THE '70'S.

>From the point of view of the US. elite and
Corporations there would be insufficient natural
resources to sustain US. demand and the profit needs
of the Corporations.

Hence the present activity.
The is even a Resource Denial Theory - you must take
control of the areas where strategic resources are and
deny others the ability to enter.

Oil, copper, lead, there's a long list of what will
run out fairly quickly.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com